6.10.2008

"Life's Little Luxuries"


Alright, I must preface this post with an image for you...


Adam & I are living in his great-aunt's house, right now. It is a little full-brick rancher in the middle of Huntsville. It has three bedrooms, two baths, dining room, living room, den, kitchen, and a pool. We are living here rent-free so I better shut my mouth, right? :)


Right. Well, my hubby cannot sleep without our room being pitch black & he wakes up if any light shines through a window...I bought some new blinds for our room a while back & they are not the darkening kind. Lots of light tends to shine through; therefore, Adam has placed...eh hem...tacked a blanket to the wall to cover the window.


Last night while getting ready for bed, he noticed I had taken the blanket down & folded it over the corner of the bed. (I took it down while accomplishing my task of cleaning the house). He says, "Why did you take it down?" I told him I thought it was tacky to "tack" a blanket to the wall...he says, "No one can see it but us." Yes 'tis true, my dear, but I can see it. After many attempts to "tack" it back, I could see my precious husband getting a little flustered. I promised him I wouldn't take it down anymore; however, in our new house I would like the following: curtains for all windows in the house, a dresser (his clothes lay neatly in a pile on the floor), and a dishwasher (that isn't human). He agreed and said, "And darkening blinds." :)

Ah, life's little luxuries...can't wait to have them!

No comments: